.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, February 26, 2007
Random updates
Ok, to avoid not blogging for the whole term (although it would be quite amusing to see the next post titled 'Holidays!' again), I shall just write some crap here.

Been really really busy with school and work. But finally there should be someone working Wednesdays in a few weeks' time, yay! I'll have one more night to do work, hopefully I'll be less busy la.

I just went to watch Verdi's Aida on Friday with the rest of my classmates taking the Verdi module and our lecturer. It was not bad in terms of the singing and playing etc. But the acting was a bit wooden leh, and the dancers were so amateurish (uncoordinated, super untidy etc). Everyone were commenting about all these la, so it's not just me being picky. It was quite fun actually, and interesting to finally watch an opera live.

I had some fun accompanying two singers on the harpsichord at the beginning of this term. It's great experience! Die la, I'm starting to like the harpsichord more than piano... I will miss playing the harpsichord when I leave uni! The early small ensemble I'm playing in is not very good, it's quite sloppy, and I'm so glad I'm just an unaccessed member. But it's also good experience to play with more than one other person lor. Will play for one of the singers again in March, and I need to decide whether I'm going to accompany the recorder player from my ensemble. I want to, but because it's only three weeks away and she just passed me the score on Friday, I'm scared that I'll screw up! Will try it on the harpsichord tomorrow morning before I decide.
hermit came out of her refuge @ 12:57 am

1 Comments:

Blogger l said...

Are you studying in the UCE Birmingham Conservatoire??

Mon Nov 24, 08:35:00 pm GMT+8 

Post a Comment