.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, August 28, 2006
Last week of work
It's my last week at work, and I'm not going to say it feels like I just started work yesterday because it really doesn't. In fact, I've had quite enough and I'm sick of going to work only to be doing almost nothing for half of the day. At times I wish I had chosen to slack for the whole holidays, like some friend who said, 'It's my holidays, I should relax and do whatever I want.' Hmm ya... but that would mean I would probably be using money out of my savings and not adding a single cent to it.

Actually, I was quite surprised that my teacher could identify with and supported the idea of slacking during holidays, when we met up two weeks ago. She felt that most people think that studying music is a soft option, because to them music is a form of recreation. They don't realise that when we are really absorbed in our work or practices, it gets intense.

Ugh... ok, I must say that sometimes I'm don't concentrate enough during practices. But I admit that my mind tends to wander off quite often when I'm with friends, and I'll be thinking about some passage in a piece, or what some author wrote about something. Not that I find my friends boring, but the brain just wanders off by itself. Once, a person I had just known for a few weeks observed, 'You can really just sit there listening to us for the whole day and not need to say a single word, right?' Haha I think she was mildly surprised, maybe because she's more talkative. But people who know me get used to it anyway.

I think I've spent this holiday quite unproductively slacking- and practising-wise. I haven't spent enough time doing both! Guess I still have September in Birmingham, where I'll probably have less distractions, to get more practising in. That's if I'm not too busy unpacking/moving into the house and looking for a job. Actually I'm wondering if the practice block will be inaccessible until nearer the start of term. Or maybe I'll be able to get in if I register my card with the department secretary, hopefully.

Topic:
hermit came out of her refuge @ 11:07 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment