.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Gripes and Respect
I was thinking of resigning earlier than the agreed period of service, but was hesitant cos they do seem quite busy nowadays. But the problem is, there is only this amount of work that they give me. I can't help feeling irritated that I'm wasting time sitting in the office doing nothing when maybe, I could have worked a few packed days a week and spent the rest of the days doing things I'd rather be doing instead.

Now that I finally made up my mind, hardened my heart and asked to resign, they asked me whether I can stay longer and what could I say? I agreed. I guess I should have stood firm. Sigh. Well, I could say it's because she just pointed out that there are some things I haven't completed, but I can swear she never told me to do those things in the first place! I may be a great procrastinator when it comes to my own stuff, but I never procrastinate at work, I've always been doing whatever I'm told to do right after I'm told to do it. I mean, what else can you do at work that will make you procrastinate? She just told me to do something else in addition to what I've already done, but conveniently used it as an excuse to imply that I haven't tied up the ends.

I think I will only ever take up another administration job if it's just a temporary job during my holidays, or if I'm really jobless and desperate to earn money. Er, the previous sentence shall not apply to Birmingham, because I'll only be too happy to find a job there. Hmm, ok so it does apply since this falls under the last category I guess.

Ok, rant over.

Not all is bad about this job, really. The people have all been really nice and they are helpful when I dunno where to get stuff. They are really neck-deep in their work; quite a lot of them stay in the office till later than 10pm, and come into the office some two hours earlier than starting time, to get their work done. Yet they remain dedicated and hardworking, albeit complaining once in a while. But hey, they're entitled to it after all the time they've sacrificed for the company. I respect those people who are so devoted to their job. Hmm yeah, I guess sometimes I get very irritated with that certain her, who will claim I haven't done what she's told me to even though she didn't tell me to do it in the first place. But at other times she's perfectly friendly and cheerful; most people I've gotten to know in the office says it all depends on her mood, so I try not to be too bothered by her anyway.

To think that I've been dreaming of slacking, relaxing, bumming around (as my piano teacher put it) for the remainder of my holidays... oh well. I'll be looking forward to the next summer holidays! Hehe a bit too early for that ya, I should be looking forward to the December holidays. But I'm looking forward to next August (cos I'm only planning to be back for a month), when I'm just going to sit around, go out, do nothing, for the whole month. Yeah! Feeling just a tad more cheerful again...

[*Edit: It's settled, I'll be stopping work next Friday instead of my intended this Friday. Well, not too bad, I'll still get to relax for a week before I leave.]

Topic: , job, daily
hermit came out of her refuge @ 10:44 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment