.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Back in Birmingham
[*10/9/06: Backdated entry. Using the wireless connection outside the library.]

I'm now staying at Vicki's/Ruth's place, cos my house is currently under renovation. The landlord thought nobody would be moving in during this week so he decided to convert the existing bathroom and toilet into two bathrooms and toilets. I guess this is actually the best time for him to do it cos any later and we'll all start moving in.

So, after I took a taxi from the airport to my house and found out that I had to find somewhere else to stay, I had to take another taxi to Vicki's place. Actually the landlord did invite me to stay with his family but I thought it was better to stay with a friend, and also I didn't want to trouble him. At first I was going to sleep in a sleeping bag in Vicki's room but Ruth came around last night and offered me her room.














This place is so resort-like, peaceful and beautiful that I'm going to miss it when I move into my house! Other side effects include procrastination (haven't gone to the practice block yet), not feeling like going out to get groceries even though I feel bad about imposing on Vicki (eventually I did this afternoon), and basically just slacking/sleeping most of the time.














Or maybe I'm just a bit tired after having quite little sleep for the past week since I was busy ripping all the CDs. I guess I have nothing much to do too cos I don't have an internet connection here. And I can't watch or listening to any of the things in my external hard disk cos I don't have an adapter that its two-pin plug will fit into. I have one, but it's in one of the boxes in storage. I might buy one soon though, so that at least I can do something.















Anyway, this place has been great, especially waking up in the morning and seeing the sunlight spilling into the room. And then lazing around staring out of the window or trying to get warm by sitting where the sun beams fall on the ground (like a cat). More photos when I buy an adapter and get my camera's batteries charged.
hermit came out of her refuge @ 4:22 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment